Once again the people of Worthington are looking forward to the annual Holiday Open House in Olde Worthington. Scheduled to take place every year on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, which this year is November 25, the Open House features entertainment, carriage rides, refreshments, beautiful shops and eateries, and of course—a visit from the popular man in the red suit.
This year’s event takes place from 1 to 5 p.m., followed by the city Christmas tree lighting on the Village Green at 5:30 p.m. Here’s what you can expect:
- Santa Claus will be on the porch of The Worthington Inn, and Little Tree Studios will be taking photos of Santa with the little ones. The photos are free, but donations of cash or food are welcome for the Worthington Food Pantry.
- Dressed as elves, students from Thomas Worthington High School’s Drama Department will help with the photos, passing out candy canes and singing Christmas carols.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides will take place throughout the afternoon. The rides are free, but donations of cash or canned goods are welcome for the Worthington Food Pantry.
- The Columbus Folk Music Society will entertain visitors with live, old-fashioned folk music.
- The Worthington & Westerville Junior Drill Teams will be performing their favorite routines.
- The Orange Johnson Singers will be singing Christmas carols while dressed in authentic period clothing from the 1800s.
- Stores and eateries will be open for shopping, and many of the stores will be offering refreshments to shoppers.
For more information about Worthington events, visit www.visitworthingtonohio.com.